HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR FACE SHAPE
With all the makeup tutorial videos that is going around I am sure you have head about contouring & highlighting. What they don’t tell you is that it is determined by your face shape.
You have probably tried endlessly to recreate the looks of the tutorials and just cannot recreate the look. The reason for this is that the makeup tutorial is based on that specific persons face shape!
In my blog I will provide you with exclusive content to perfect your look every time!
Here we go…
I am sure you have heard allot about face shapes
The most attractive face shape of all is the oval face shape, thus we are striving to recreate every other face shape into an oval face shape by means of highlighting and camouflage makeup. Thus creating the illusion of an oval face shape.
How do I determine my face shape?
First start by pulling the hair back from your face using a hair elastic.
Looking closely in the mirror start to identify your face shape by choosing from the characteristics below.
Here are the features for every face shape to look for:
Long face shape
● Forehead, cheekbones and jaw line are all about
● the same width Can tend to have a prominent chin
● Has an elongated appearance
Square Face Shape
● Forehead, cheekbones and jaw line all about the
● same width Squared jaw line is the most obvious Feature.
Diamond Face Shape
● Not as common as the other face shapes
● Typically the face is highly angular
● The forehead is somewhat short
● The face is widest at the temples
Round Face Shape
● Face is almost as wide as it is long
● Face is widest at the cheeks
Heart Face Shape
● Similar to oval but the chin tapers to a point.
Oval Face Shape
● Forehead is wider than the chin
● Prominent cheekbones
● Face gracefully tapers to a narrow oval chin
In conclusion every face shape needs to be analysed before Makeup & Hair starts in order to make sure that the best features are highligted and the not so flattering features are contoured.
We thought you might also like Blog Highlighting & Contouring
Written by Alfie Grobler Owner at Beauty On Wheels